starless (starless) wrote,

Parks & Rec

Onward and upward:

I need to leave ACT. I'll sign the contract to unionize my position, be inducted in the Local at Journeyman level, and then hand ACT my notice.

I've sent applications to the California State Park system. With any luck I'll get a remote posting so I can afford rent on an entry-level parks wage and then start working my way up the ladder. Eventually the positions I'll apply for will include housing. Meanwhile I'll be taking classes that I need for exams. For instance, I need a CPR certification to be a 1st level park ranger. I can do that while working as an aide or cadet.

At some point I hope to be blazing or maintaining remote trails for weeks at a time.
Tags: california state parks, employment, housing, park ranger
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.